RDA PROFESSIONAL WEIGH SCALE
The Professional Weigh Scale with switching function is designed for the safe refilling of refrigerant cylinders, charging refrigerant and control of refrigerant stock for all industrial applications.
The principal function of the scale is to accurately weigh cylinders when transfer of product [e.g. refrigerant] takes place during emptying or filling operations and to control the weight transferred by automatically switching at a pre-set level.
The Professional Weigh Scale is the latest version of the original platform developed for safety in refrigerant handling. Still the UK’s best switching scale specified by end-users, oems, refrigeration and mechanical services contractors.
Use the contact form below to request pricing and further information:
- Load capacity up to 120 kg
- Switched socket outlet at 10 A
- Adjustable trip point can be set to operate on either rising or falling weight
- Rechargeable NiMH battery backup for on-site weighing
- Full-bridge centre-point load cell and digital amplifier for high resolution and accuracy
- Low-profile robust steel construction with durable industrial paint finish
- Touch-pad controls for ease of operation
- Large digital LCD display
- UNITS button toggles display between kg and lb/oz
- HOLD button to interrupt transfer by temporarily de-energising outlet socket
- Self-calibration and compensation for ambient temperatures between -20 O C and +55 O C
- Carrying handle with cable winder
- 2 m mains lead with moulded plug
- Safety overload stops and audible alarm
- Hinged cover to protect the fascia
- Full instructions displayed
When recovering liquid refrigerant from plant or equipment a recovery cylinder can fill rapidly. For this reason, particularly with smaller cylinders, it is important to have accurate rapid response weight measurement. The RDA Professional Weigh Scale samples the weight three times every second, achieving a high accuracy of displayed weight and trip point operation.
For safety it is not recommended to fill refrigerant cylinders to more than 60% of the full capacity in order to allow a vapour space for expansion. The only safe method of determining the amount of refrigerant or pressurised product contained in a cylinder is by measurement of gross weight. Calculate the maximum allowable gross weight by addition of the container tare weight and the maximum net fill stencilled on the container. The RDA Professional Weigh Scale may be operated in one of three modes:
- Basic Scale: The scale will display the gross weight of the cylinders placed on the platform either when connected to the mains or powered by an integral battery. The weight of refrigerant in cylinders or product in partially-filled containers can thus be ascertained.
- Automatic trip on rise in weight: This mode is used when operating the scale in conjunction with a refrigerant recovery unit or pump. The recovery unit or pump is powered via the mains socket on the fascia and the cylinder is placed on the platform. The operator is able to pre-set the switching point so that the mains supply to the socket switches at the safe weight limit for the cylinder. Where it is not practical to terminate flow by switching off power to the recovery unit or pump the weigh scale can be used to power a normally closed solenoid valve in the supply line to the cylinder.
- Automatic trip on fall in weight: This mode allows the weigh scale to be used to control accurate charging applications or for controlling the transfer of product between cylinders.
Click to View Product Literature